The F53.14 HARBOUR WRECK constitutes the remains of a large sailing vessel, at least 30 meters in length, built from oak wood. The estimated capacity (deadweight) of the vessel totals at least 150 lasts (300 tonnes). Most probably, the vessel was built in the first decade of the 19th century, certainly after 1804, and the wood used for construction of the vessel came from Eastern Pomerania. The wreck comprises frames sticking out of the seabed and staves of planking forming the sides and the bow part of the ship. The structural elements stick out of the seabed up to 70cm, 22 meters in length (starboard) and up to 5.5 meters in width.
A considerable part of the wreck is submerged in the seabed with elements of ship,s sides up to the deck level. It can be assumed thet the vesel,s keel is situated at a depth of over 2,5 metres below the seabed surface.
The F53.14 wreck was discovered on 23 July 2009 by a team from the Maritime Office in Gdynia.
The wreck lies at a depth of 2.5 metres, 82 metres from the shore, near the entrance to Gdańsk port from Nowy Port/Brzeźno.
Underwater inventory research of the wreck was conducted in June and July 2014.
The wood used for construction of the vessel was gathered at the end of the first decade of the 19th century. The wood came from Eastern Pomerania.
Historic objects recovered in 2014 from the F53.14 wreck included, e.g.: parts of footwear, ceramic pottery and fragments of dishes (including faience and stoneware), a glass bottle, an axe, a file, a dead eye with a shroud plate, iron pins and tangs, a tin spoon scoop, 4 oyster shells and fragments of clay pipes.
The "Gulf of Gdańsk Shipwreck Virtual Open-Air Museum" website (www.wsw.nmm.pl) has been created under the "Gulf of Gdańsk Shipwreck Virtual Open-Air Museum. Recording and Inventory of Underwater Archaeological Heritage" scientific research project, co-financed with the funds from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.